Participating in discussions related to community design, both online and in person, requires a thoughtful balance of identification and privacy. GreaterPlaces.com strives to be a good steward of information in exploring solutions for the shared spaces in our communities.
- The types of information GreaterPlaces.com collects
- How we use that information
- Other important considerations
This policy is effective January 20, 2014.
If you choose to interact with GreaterPlaces.com, we may require you to provide personal information in connection with use of GreaterPlaces.com and its affiliate sites.
We collect and store the following information:
- Email address, IP address;
- Device and location (e.g., via a mobile device);
- Content supplied by you, including but not limited to data, text, graphics, designs, logos, icons, images, audio/visual materials, links, reviews, suggestions, feedback, and references;
We may use your information as follows:
- To provide services and suggestions;
- To verify your identity for sign up and submission of Content;
- To encourage safe online experiences and enforce our policies;
- To customize information and announcement for various users and user groups, analyze site usage, compile data and metrics to improve our services, and inform users about services and updates;
- To communicate administrative updates;
- To communicate marketing and promotional offers to our users;
- To provide customer service; and
- To deliver to you information that is targeted to your interests. GreaterPlaces.com will offer opt-out features such as unsubscribe (though certain communication may be exempt from op out, when warranted, for safety or legal reasons).
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. However, we may disclose your personal information as follows:
- With your permission to access your information in other services (e.g., Facebook or Twitter accounts. The information we collect from those services will depend on your settings and privacy policies;
- To identify your reviews as your own;
- To anyone involved in acquiring a financial stake of GreaterPlaces.com;
- To service providers
- Per the Terms and Services, we cannot ensure secure and uninterrupted service. GreaterPlaces.com will take steps to promote data security and prevent unauthorized breaches of Content and information.
- You agree that we may transfer your personal information to other countries.
- We may provide links to websites operated by companies, provided we receive your consent.
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use this site or services.